Wednesday, March 9, 2011

OUR FAMILY HAS BEEN MOURNING

the loss of Jeff. A husband, father, son, uncle, cousin, grandson and nephew to a family who loved him dearly and misses him.
There have been many tears, hugs, sleepless nights and through reminiscing we have found glimpses of smiles and even laughter. There are never ending stories of this great man who loved his family, life, joking and teasing.
Over 1000 people came to pay their respects at his viewing Sunday evening and it was an amazing sight to see how many lives he had touched in only 44 years.
Monday there was a beautiful, touching memorial service and he was buried by the snowy mountains he loved.
Jeffrey Cole Young
1966-2011

We love and miss you Jeff.
Until we meet again.

9 comments:

Ardith Haws said...

So sorry for the loss of one who was obviously very dear to you. These kinds of tragedies are difficult to understand. I know you are surrounded by love. This helps the most.

5Youngers said...

These last few days were the saddest of my life. The lose is immeasurable and the love insurmountable. The family and friends he left behind will always greave his passing. Time will begin to heal the wounds slightly but he will never be forgotten.

Kim said...

I'm sorry you and your family have had to experience such pain. I've lost 2 cousins much too early in their lives and know the pain you're experiencing....it seems unbearable and difficult to believe. I hope you are able to remember the good things ~ I'm sure he knows now to what extent he affected the lives of others.

Ivon said...

Laura, thanks for this beautiful post. Love you.

Nancy said...

Such a beautiful post Laura, it's made me tear up again. Jeff will sorely be missed by everyone that loved and still loves him.

Sherri said...

That was a gorgeous post!
I wish I could have been there!

The Mulligan Family said...

44 is far too young to leave. Beautiful posting Laura - and as always your pictures so perfect. Love you always, Cindy

julie said...

I WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE WITH YOU, BUT I WAS OUT OF TOWN. I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO KNOW HIM SO WELL. I DIDN'T HAVE AS MUCH OF AN OPPORTUNITY TO HANG OUT WITH HIM, BUT HE WAS ALWAYS HAPPY TO SEE ME AND SO FUN TO VISIT WITH. HE WILL BE MISSED.

Dee said...

Laura...this made me tear up all over again. He was such a great person, I truly loved him and feel blessed that I had the opportunity to call him my brother in law. It was wonderful to have met you, I wish it could've been under better circumstances. Thanks for such a wonderful post. :O) Dee (Deb) Conley...(Brenda's sister)

Related Posts with Thumbnails