Saturday, January 18, 2014

DRIFT CREEK FALLS TRAIL

I am in love with his hike. Drift Creek Falls Trail is a beautiful and easy hike, 3 miles round trip.
The highlight of the hike is a suspension bridge - a 240 foot long cable suspension bridge, which is 100 feet above the water where you have a gorgeous view of a 75 foot waterfall.
See this huge chunk of rock next to us?  In 2010, this huge chunk of the cliff cleaved off and fell down to the canyon.  Down here, there is a little picnic table and a lot of rocks to climb on.  Across from us, closer to the water fall, there were even a few menehune rock stacks.

Next time you're on your way to Lincoln City, go on this little excursion.  You'll be glad you did!

PS - There is a $5.00 National Park fee. 

2 comments:

Heather said...

Cannot wait to go there!!! Thanks for the post!!!!

Sherri said...

Just another out of this world adventure that I want to be on! But I have to go with you because you make me smile and you take the best pictures in the entire world...so when I go back and remember it...it will be through the eyes of your camera which is better than my real eyes! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails