Sunday, July 13, 2014

ALTHOUGH IT IS SAD, I'M REALLY PROUD

of my connection to this part of complex history - the Salem Witch Trials.
You know me well if you know I don't have only one, but that I have three direct ancestors who were hanged during the hysteria in Massachusetts.  Two 9th great-grandmothers and one 9th great-grandfather.
This Saturday is the anniversary of the death of my 9th great-grandmother, Rebecca Towne Nurse.
This Saturday there is also a family reunion in Vancouver, WA where I am going to be able to meet some "witch" cousins.  I'm really excited!  I'm looking forward to learning more about this time in history, all the while spending quality time with my parents and sister.  It's going to be so fun!  I'm counting down...

2 comments:

Clareigh Ellis said...

heyy im your long lost cousin!! rebecca is my 7th great aunt

Will said...

Rebecca is my 11th great aunt ..interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails